ETCS-460 Major Project
Computer Science & Engineering Department
Course Title: Major Project
Course Code: ETCS-460
General Guidelines about Major Project
- Projects based on topics like .NET, Website development, Network Security (i.e. Algorithm/Authentication Protocol/Cryptography/Steganography) will not be accepted as Major Project.
- Approval of the Project title by theProject Guideis mandatory.
- Students must follow the Project schedule given to them.
- Each team should have three members. Special cases can be discussed with theProject Coordination Team.
- Each team should have one Project Guide. (Any faculty from department can be guide , but no faculty will be handling more than three teams.)
- Synopsis should be signed by guide.
- Information regarding Major Project can be seen at CMS/LMS (Course Management System and Learning Management System) available at Department Website (http://cse.mait.ac.in">http://cse.mait.ac.in).
- All the notices regarding Major Project Will be displayed on the college notice board and departmental site.
- No Personal e-mails will be entertained.
- Each team has to report to the guide weekly at least once and get progress report signed by the guide.
- It is mandatory to publish a Research paper based on the project in any referred Journal/Conference and it must include Project Guide name.
Potential Sources of Research Problems:
• Referred recent published and unpublished research papers.
• Any ongoing Project.
• Improvement/enhancement of existing system.
• Developing new models/framework/technologies.
• Interdisciplinary based research/project
Research Based Project/Paper should be from a standard Journal/Conference or authentic website.
Some good Publications are SPRINGER, IEEE, WILEY, ELSEVIER, TAYLOR AND FRANCIS, ANY SCI OR SCOPUS JOURNAL OR CONFERENCE PAPER.
Points to Remember
• Software based Project/Application should be based on any existing previously developed software or unique idea with an authentic source and proof from where you are starting the project.
• Project should start on the shortcomings; limitations of the base project/Application or any unique idea clearly stating the objective the project.
• In the end you must have developed an Application/Software Project which exhibits better performance than the existing one (if any). Better performance should be shown by the comparison between the developed and the existing project based on the project parameters (for example time complexity, message complexity, reliability, portability etc.).
Project Evaluation Semester Schedule
Last date for Group Formation and Synopsis Submission with guide signature: 19th January, 2018
Date of 1st Defense: 24th February, 2018
Date for Poster Submission: 9th March, 2018
Date of 2nd Defense: Last week of April, 2018