Prof. (Dr) Namita Gupta
Professor and Head of Department
Office: Room No. 126, Block I
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Maharaja, Agrasen Institute of Technology, Sector-22, Rohini
- Ph.D (CSE), “Text Mining for Information Retrieval”, Jaypee Institue of Technology University, Noida, 2012
- MCA (Second topper), Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, 1998
- BSc (Gen) Computer Science (First Division), Kirori Mal College, Delhi University, Delhi, 1995.
Area of Interest
Data Mining, Unix/Linux, Database, Java, Software Testing
- Awarded “Best Performance Award”, MAIT, 2007
- DB2 Certified, 2008
- Coordinated Institute annual technical fest “Techsurge and Mridang”, 2011
- Convener for syllabus revision of CSE/IT by GGSIPU for Emerging trends in IT (2014)
- MAIT SPOC for CSC COIN Project, 2015-2017
- Expert Member of the Board of Studies constituted for the Institute of Technology, Maharaja Agrasen University (Himachal Pradesh)
- MAIT Coordinator for “Aakash for Education” Project, IIT Bombay
- Member of Advisory Board/Technical committee of reputed Conferences
- Contributed/reviewed books/Book chapters published by Oxford, Pearson, Prentice Hall, Online jury for Pearson Teaching Awards 2014
- Expert Member of the Board of Studies constituted for the Institute of Technology, Maharaja Agrasen University (Himachal Pradesh).
- Subject coordinator and Paper setter for different B.Tech Computer subjects, GGSIPU
- Organized multiple Internal Hackathons for students in Institute
- Organized and Conference Chair of MAIT first International Conference held in 2020
- AQIS proposal evaluator
- MAIT SPOC for Smart India Hackathon
- MAIT Institute Innovation Council President
- Coordinated and Got approval of Department NBA accreditation for 3 years (2018-21)
Joined Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology in November 1999 and presently holding the post of Head of Computer Science and Engineering Department
- Lead, manage and develop the department to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all its activities.
- Oversee the smooth functioning of the department and ensuring consistent provision for academic ambiance.
- Manage and motivate all departmental staff, to enable the students to receive skilled education in the subject, in a positive, encouraging and effective working environment.
- Ensure the development of the Curriculum to keep up to date with relevant changes and to encourage a wide range of activities to learn the subject with practical skill
Editor of proceeding “International Conference on Smart Sustainable Intelligent Computing and Applications under ICITETM2020”, Proceedia Computer Science (Elsevier), Volume 173, Pages 1-402 (2020)
Editor of book “Smart and Sustainable Intelligent Systems”, Scrivener Publishing
- Akshay Khatter, Dr. Namita Gupta, Keshav Issar, Nishant Sardana, “Video To Text Analysis : Deep Learning”, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 10, Issue 6, , pp. 163-166, June-2019, ISSN 2229-5518
- Siddhant Bagga, Anish Goyal, Namita Gupta, Arvind Goyal, International Conference on Smart Sustainable Intelligent Computing and Applications under ICITETM2020, Procedia Computer Science, Credit Card Fraud Detection using Pipeling and Ensemble Learning, Volume 173, Pages 104-112
- G. Abhay, S. Abhishek and G. Namita, "A variant of Bucket Sort Shell Sort vs Insertion Sort," 2019 10th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), Kanpur, India, 2019, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/ICCCNT45670.2019.8944607.
- P.S.Grover,Namita Gupta, Alok Sharma" Graduate Attributes, Program Objectives/Learning Outcomes and Faculty Accountability" 4th World Summit on Accreditation (WOSA-2018), Organised by National Board of Accreditation (NBA),Page-164,2018
- Saxena P.C., and Gupta N., ―Quick Text Retrieval Algorithm Supporting Synonyms Based on Fuzzy Logic‖, Computing Multimedia and Intelligent Techniques (CMIT), vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 7-24, 2006.
- Saxena P.C., Gupta J.P., Gupta N., ―Web Page Ranking Based on Text Content of Linked Pages‖, International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering (IJCTE), vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 42-51, Feb. 2010.
- Gupta N., Saxena P.C. , Gupta J.P., “Automatic generation of initial value k to apply k-means method for text documents clustering, International Journal of Data Mining, Modelling and Management (IJDMMM), vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 18–41, 2011.
- Gupta N., Saxena P.C., Gupta J.P., “Document Summarization based on Sentence Ranking Using Vector Space Model, International Journal of Data Mining, Modelling and Management (IJDMMM), Vol.5, No.4, pp.380 – 406, 2013.
- Ruchi Goel, Dr. Namita Gupta, “Survey on Acceptance Testing Technique”, International Journal of Software and Web Sciences (IJSWS), Issue 8, Volume 1, pp. 20-23, March-May, 2014.
- Namita Gupta, "GENEmutant: Test suite adequacy check for Path Coverage Testing based on mutating test suite using Genetic Algorithm",International Journal of Technology Enhancements and Emerging Engineering Research (ISSN 2347-4289), VOL 3, ISSUE 06, pp. 84-92, April 2015.
- Namita Gupta and Astik Gupta., “Comparative Analysis of K-Means and the Variants”, International Journal of Software and Web Sciences, 13(1), pp. 05-07, June-August, 2015.
- Dr. Namita Gupta and Nitesh Goyal, “Criticality Factor of Modules with the Application of Modified Neighborhood Integration Testing and Initiating Build Testing”, International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science, Volume 3, Issue 5, pp. 924-944, September-October, 2015.
- Namita Gupta, Shipra Mahajan – “A Concept – Based Text Document Summarization Technique”, International Conference on Innovative Technologies, ICIT-09, P -155.
- Indian Patent Application No.202011053925, Ignition of Motor Vehicle Engine using a fingerprint using IOT Technology (Publication Date: 08/01/2021)